Silhouette Threadlift or Silhouettelift is a minimally invasive technique used to lift and tighten sagging tissue in the mid and lower face. The procedure can also be used to tighten sagging skin on the neck and jowls. This non-surgical?? This is in the SURGICAL LIST alternative to a facelift is growing in popularity, having been successfully performed over 25,000 times in 55 countries around the world. It uses threads made from polypropylene, a material that has been used for many years as a suture material. Patented bidirectional absorbable thread cones are used under the skin to lift and hold the contours of the face in place.
This painless procedure works under local anaesthetic by passing threads through small incisions in the side of the face before anchoring them into position. Recovery is quick, with the majority of patients experiencing only minimal bruising or slight swelling which can last up to a week. Make up can be used afterwards, and patients can return to work the next day. The treatment compares very well with conventional surgical facelifts and normally lasts 3-5 years and may be repeated after that time.
Along with our range of medical aesthetic procedures we are often called upon to provide minor surgical procedures at Excellence Medical. While we will always discuss and assess any other procedures not mentioned here, the most common forms of minor surgery we undertake include the following:
- Skin tags – These benign skin growths that project over the surrounding skin from a small, narrow stalk. They are commonly found on the eyelids, under the breasts, on the neck or underarms. They can be irritating and frequently become caught in clothes or jewellery. We remove these benign skin growths simply and quickly under local anaesthetic.
- Moles – Firstly we make an assessment of your mole to ensure that it is not malignant. They are easily removed with little side effects under local anaesthetic. Sutures may be required for a few days and some scarring may follow removal. This, however, will reduce over time.
- Sebaceous cysts – These cysts may be found on the trunk, face, neck and scalp. Caused normally by swollen hair follicles, they take the form of a closed sac under the skin. Generally they are painless slow-growing lumps under the skin, but sometimes they will become inflamed or infected. This is best avoided and cysts are either drained through incision or removed under local anaesthetic.
- Lipomas – Lipomas or fatty growths are movable round lumps under the skin which range in size. They are non-cancerous tumours made up of fat cells. They are normally slow-growing lumps in the subcutaneous tissue, beneath the skin. Again their removal is a simple procedure, performed under local anaesthetic.
- Ganglions – These are sac-like swellings or cysts (often called Baker cysts) that are formed from the tissue that lines a joint or tendon. They are very often found on the wrist or ankle or behind the knee. The removal is a simple process, performed under local anaesthetic.
- Scar revision – Scar revision is surgery to improve or reduce the appearance of scars. It also restores function and corrects skin changes (disfigurement) caused by an injury, wound, or previous surgery. We assess each scar on its own merits and will discuss the most appropriate way to achieve reversal.
Vaser Liposuction is an advanced technique utilising ultrasonic energy to gently liquefy fat with subsequent suctioning out from the body for the purpose of removing unwanted superficial and deep fat. The goal is to achieve a slimmer contour and shape.
The benefits of this procedure, also called Vaser Liposelection is a Body Contouring procedure include the effective removal of unwanted fat, precisely and efficiently, using Vaser technology. The procedure is performed under local (tumescent) anaesthetic and, with the Vaser, all targeted fat is first liquefied and then removed from the body, smoothly and efficiently. This contrasts very well with the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction.
Many people have experienced the sheer frustration of trying to lose fat deposits in certain areas of the body. When diet and exercise seems to deliver little benefit, Vaser may be the answer. There are o course limits to the potential for success, but at Excellence Medical we can explore what is possible using this revolutionary new technique. Vaser is very effective in treating certain areas, including the abdomen, flanks, outer thighs, inner thighs knees, arms/bingo wings, buttocks, hips, back, male breasts, love handles, chin and neck areas.