Alongside our range of aesthetic medical procedures, we offer minor surgical procedures at Excellence Medical. The minor operative procedure list below is not exhaustive and we will discuss and assess other procedures not mentioned below. The most common minor operative procedures performed under local anesthesia are as follows :
- Skin tags Removal – These benign skin growths that project over the skin from a relatively small, narrow stalk. They are commonly found on the eyelids, under the breasts, on the neck or underarms. They can be irritating and frequently get inflammed due to friction with the clothing or jewellery. We remove these benign skin growths simply and quickly under local anaesthesia.
- Moles Removal – Firstly we make an assessment of your mole to ensure that it is not malignant. They are easily removed with little if any side effects under local anaesthetic. Sutures may be required for a few days and some scarring may follow removal. This, however, will reduce over time.
- Sebaceous cysts Removal – These cysts may be found on the trunk, face, neck and scalp. They are caused by oil(sebacous) secreting glands, and take the form of a globular sac under the skin. Generally, they are benign painless lumps under the skin, and have the potential to become infected. This is best avoided by removal under local anesthesia. Cysts are either removed under local anaesthesia or drained through an incision if they are infected and contain pus.
- Lipomas Removal – Lipomas or benign fatty lumps are movable rounded lumps under the skin which range in size and sometimes can be quite deep. They are normally slow-growing lumps in the subcutaneous tissue, beneath the skin. There removal is a simple procedure, performed under local anaesthesia.
- Ganglions Removal – These are globular sac-like lumps or cysts that are formed from internal degeneration of a tendon. They are often found on the wrist and ankle on the long extensor tendons. Ganglion cysts are aspirated under local anesthesia.
- Scar revision – Scar revision is surgery to improve or reduce the cosmetic appearance of scars. It also restores function and corrects skin disfigurement. Scars are caused by an injury wound which can be due to variety of causes including previous surgery. We assess each scar on its individual merit and will discuss the most appropriate treatment suitable which may range from scar revision, to steroid injection etc.